Alaska Bead Company--Store Manager (Anchorage)
Alaska Bead Company is looking to hire a Career Store Manager to succeed the current Store Manager of 29 years who is retiring in Feb, 2024. We are looking to fill this position immediately and training will be provided by the retiring Store Manager.
This position will be Full-Time, approximately 10am to 6pm, 5 days per week. Since the Store Manager creates the weekly staff work schedule she/he/they choose which five days to work of the six days we are open. We are closed on Sundays.
Alaska Bead Company is a Retail Bead company that has a storefront in mid-town Anchorage that has offered beads, findings, tools, beading supplies, and classes for the jewelry making and hobbyist community for almost 30 years.
Employee Job Duties:
Important: On the job training is provided for all aspects of your job duties. Learning many of the tasks below are accomplished over a two-year period, so please do not worry, we are here to help you succeed.
1. Manage day-to-day store activities by:
A. Ensuring that the store is opened each morning and closed each evening on time.
B. Managing the cash drawers throughout the day and performing cash register closing task at the end of the day.
C. Making on-the-spot decisions to achieve customer satisfaction.
D. Setting up product displays in the display cases and around the store, and producing informative signage.
E. Backing-up Sales Clerks by assisting customers with their purchases, as well as, processing in-store customer purchases and mail orders using the computer and Point of Sale software.
2. Supervise direct reports. Supervisory duties shall include, but not be limited to:
A. Interviewing, hiring, and firing all direct reports as required.
B. Assigning daily work responsibilities to staff
C. Checking-in periodically one-on-one with each staff member to communicate areas where they are excelling and areas where they need improvement.
D. Training employees as required.
E. Setting the work schedule each week for the staff.
F. Processing payroll if the Bookkeeper is unable to do payroll processing for the week.
G. Developing and writing procedural guidelines.
3. Monitor and enforce that the “Guidelines to the Ultimate in Customer Service” are being strictly adhered to by all personnel.
4. Develop a staff budget with the owner and monitor it periodically to ensure you are staying within appropriate parameters.
5. Develop class schedules, produce materials lists and sign-up sheets, and recruit guest teachers.
6. Manage the layout of the floor fixtures, product displays and store signage, as well as the overall look and feel of the store.
7. Discreetly watch customers and perform store security procedures using judgment to deter shoplifting.
8. Work with owner to develop new strategies to increase store profitability.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
2. At least wo years of experience supervising multiple personnel.
3. Must possess a high level of interest in beading.
4. The ability to communicate well with all staff members, in a timely manner, and especially in tough and stressful situations.
5. Must have excellent computer skills and experience in using Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Experience working with Point-of-Sale software a plus.
6. Must have good math skills.
7. Must be detail-oriented--very important!
8. Must have a positive attitude and enjoy working with team members and the public.
9. A Plus if you have any of the following experiences: completed college business classes; was involved in an entrepreneurial endeavor; has taught beading classes before; has experience with inventory control; has worked with Quickbooks Accounting software.
Wage and Benefits:
1. Wage: $18 - $22/hour, D.O.E. This is an Exempt position.
2. Paid Accrued Vacation: 10 days (80 hours)/year (Beginning at the end of the 90-day probation period).
3. Paid Accrued Time Off: 5 days (40 hours)/year (Beginning at the end of the 90-day probation period).
4. Five Paid Holidays per calendar year (Beginning at the end of the 90-day probation period).
5. Longevity Bonus Paid on Anniversary of each year worked.
6. Free In-House Bead Classes, and Store Merchandise Discount.
7. Opportunity for advancement.
Interested candidates shall drop off their resume at 2217 E Tudor Rd Ste 7 between 11:30am and 5:30pm, Monday - Saturday.
Alaska Bead Company
2217 E Tudor Rd, Ste. 7
Anchorage, AK 99507
(Lake Otis & Tudor, in the strip mall, behind Golden Donuts)
21 day(s) ago
Alaska Native Hire is an easy-to-use online forum that brings together job seekers and employers. The site allows individuals to create a profile highlighting their experience, skills, education and employement history. Employers then have the ability to search the database for the specific skills to fill vacant positions.
For job seekers, this is the website where the jobs find you. And for employers, Alaska Native Hire is a powerful tool to help meet your local hire needs.