Preventative Maintenance Technician - Manh Choh Mine
Kiewit Corporation is one of North America's largest and most respected construction, mining and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned organization operates through a network of subsidiaries in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation; oil, gas and chemical; power; building; water/wastewater; industrial; and mining. Kiewit Mining Group is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation.
Kiewit Mining Group is currently seeking highly motivated candidates to join our team at the Manh Choh Project located in Tok, Alaska as a Preventative Maintenance Technician. Eligible applicant(s) must be able to work safely in a surface mine environment while performing duties of this position. This person(s) must be capable of producing quality work with attention to detail and completing the job "right the first time".
Anticipated Annual Wage: $100,000 - $145,000 Annually (Dependent upon Hours Worked)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Experience with diesel engines, hydraulic, pneumatic and 24V electrical systems.
• Minimize down time through effective PM procedures and management.
• Cleaning of equipment prior to any maintenance being performed on the equipment.
• Clean and properly collect samples.
• Thorough leak inspection and identification.
• Timely oil and filter changes
• Complete inspection of all machine systems and components
• Consistent completion of all PM paperwork
• Perform minor corrective maintenance on all equipment.
• Assist Mechanics as needed but not to interfere with personal job requirements.
• Communicate issues with machines to production management when necessary.
• Able to meet all physical requirement
• Able to work outdoor in all weather conditions
• Able to climb, work at heights, and in confined spaces
• Ability to work rotating 12-Hour shifts on a 2 week on / 1 week off schedule; including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in a related field.
• Must possess working knowledge of skills and abilities for position.
• Ability to understand, follow, and communicate written and oral instructions with management or supervision.
• Ability to use hand tools, power tools and layout tools safe and efficiently.
21 day(s) ago
Alaska Native Hire is an easy-to-use online forum that brings together job seekers and employers. The site allows individuals to create a profile highlighting their experience, skills, education and employement history. Employers then have the ability to search the database for the specific skills to fill vacant positions.
For job seekers, this is the website where the jobs find you. And for employers, Alaska Native Hire is a powerful tool to help meet your local hire needs.