Tenure Track Assistant Professor, Licensed Practical Nursing - UAF CTC
Tenure Track Assistant Professor, Licensed Practical Nursing - UAF CTC
• Job No:
• Classification:Assistant Professor (F9)
• Grade:UNAC Grade 30
• Work type:Faculty Full-time, On Campus
• Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
• School/Business unit:UAF Community and Technical College
• Categories: Education/Instructional, Health Profession
UAF's Community and Technical College (CTC) is seeking a Tenure Track faculty for our newly approved Licensed Practical Nurse Certificate Program. This position will include administrative and teaching duties. Successful applicant will teach and directly supervise student learning experiences in simulation laboratory and clinical settings. Administrative duties will include but are not limited to: attaining and maintaining ACEN program accreditation, and providing leadership when working with other faculty to plan, deliver, and evaluate LPN program curriculum, etc. This is a full-time, 9-month, Tenure Track faculty position complete with both a competitive salary and full UA employee benefits package. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is identified. Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient and viable number of qualified candidates have been identified. Apply today!
• Provide academic information to prospective students seeking basic and advanced nursing education, particularly in the LPN program.
• Teach relevant LPN courses and directly supervise student learning experiences in simulation skills, laboratory and a variety of clinical settings.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clinical facilities in Fairbanks and rural areas.
• Oversee LPN program outcome measures to obtain and maintain ACEN accreditation.
• Participate in university and community activities.
• This position will support the University of Alaska CTC's bipartite mission of performing teaching and public service.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Candidates will be evaluated on suitability of their academic preparation, past teaching experience, potential for high quality instruction and their ability to work as a team player.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
-Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
-Experience working with private and public external constituencies.
-Ability to advocate for the university.
-Ability to acquire funding from external sources.
Although not required for this position, the following additional knowledge, skills and abilities are preferred:
- Teaching and curriculum development experience in nursing education.
- Instructional experience for online distance delivery methods.
Preferred Experience & Education:
Minimum of 5 years clinical nursing experience.
Required Experience & Education:
- Must hold a graduate degree with a major in Nursing (MSN, DNP, etc.)
- Current or recent direct engagement in a significant manner in clinical nursing experiences.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Alaska, or ability to obtain Alaska license within six months of hire
This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure track faculty position complete with both a competitive salary and https://alaska.edu/jobs/benefits.php. Faculty salaries are based on a variety of factors, including education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To complete your application please attach the following:
• Resume or Vita
• Cover letter detailing qualifications for this position
• Three (3) professional references to include the name, professional relationship, email address and contact phone number
• Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable to complete application, official transcripts will be required upon hire).
You may attach supplemental documents as additional information to support your application as well. Applicants are encouraged, but not required, to submit a portfolio of work documenting their teaching and/or industry experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is identified. Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient and viable number of qualified candidates have been identified.
Allied Health Mission Statement: The mission of the Allied Health Department is to provide opportunities for quality education in the Allied Health fields. The Allied Health Department is committed to providing the academic, clinical, administrative, and professional skills that will prepare graduates for employment in entry level positions in the healthcare field and afford them opportunity to obtain the credentials with which to advance.
UAF CTC offers 40 associate degrees, certificates, and occupational endorsements at 5 instructional locations throughout Fairbanks and the Tanana Valley of Interior Alaska. UAF CTC is responsive to local and regional vocational and technical training needs, and focuses on workforce development to meet the needs of the region and the state. UAF CTC's programs also provide students with the academic framework to help them achieve their higher education goals, whether it is to complete and associate of arts degree or transfer to a baccalaureate program.
In addition, UAF CTC provides career training and development opportunities through workforce development and professional development programs. Staff and faculty have forged close ties with businesses and local agencies, enhancing instruction and increasing job placements.
UAF CTC employs a diverse population of approximately 35 full-time faculty and 200 adjunct faculty who are represented by two unions and a staff of about 35. Approximately 3000 students attend UAF CTC. They are culturally diverse and include many non-traditional students and students from the military community.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
This position is represented by United Academics-AAUP/AFT (UNAC). http://www.unitedacademics.net/
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: http://www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Dianna James, UAF Community and Technical College, HR Coordinator, at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-455-2863.
Applications Close: Open until filled
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4207146
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
14 day(s) ago
Closing Date 2023-08-23
Alaska Native Hire is an easy-to-use online forum that brings together job seekers and employers. The site allows individuals to create a profile highlighting their experience, skills, education and employement history. Employers then have the ability to search the database for the specific skills to fill vacant positions.
For job seekers, this is the website where the jobs find you. And for employers, Alaska Native Hire is a powerful tool to help meet your local hire needs.