Project Manager-Sponsored Projects


Project Manager-Sponsored Projects

 

Job No:

522071

Classification:Administrative Professional 2

Grade:Grade 80

Work type:Hybrid, On Campus, Staff Full-time

Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage

School/Business unit:UAA Chancellor

Location:Anchorage

Categories: Research/Science/Grants

 

Position Summary:

UAA Office of Research is seeking applicants for a full-time, Term Project Manager for Sponsored Projects. This position will assist UAA Principal Investigator(s) and research teams to pursue and execute externally sponsored projects. Further, this position will coordinate closely with the Vice Chancellor for Research (VCR) to strategically pursue opportunities to grow UAA's externally funded portfolio. Expected to contribute to team development, proposal preparation, and subsequent project execution if awarded. This position will also work closely with the VCR to coordinate activities with Student Project Managers.

 

Duties:

10%Other duties as assigned.Essential 20%Work closely with the Vice Chancellor for Research to strategize, coordinate, and prioritize endeavors. Coordinate and collaborate with the Vice Chancellor for Research to train and support Student Project Manager activities.Essential 70%Plan, coordinate, organize, and execute activities in pursuit of project objectives with Principal Investigator(s), research teams, or other stakeholders. Projects may include but are not limited to proposal preparation, post-award project execution or reporting, or coordinating responds to sponsor inquiry. Locates potential funding opportunities, identifies project needs, connects project teams, organizes efforts of project team members and university administration to ensure delivery of proposal or project requirements in accordance with the solicitation, agreement, or sponsor expectation.

 

Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:

 

• Advanced knowledge of research methods and analytical procedures.

• Knowledge of standard reporting procedures.

• Skilled in accurate data collection methods.

• Ability to use computerized tools to organize and analyze information and communicate findings.

• Knowledge of publishing requirements.

• Knowledge of statistical/fiscal methods.

• Knowledge of fiscal restrictions associated with research monies.

• Ability to communicate findings for internal- and external- reporting.

• Ability to successfully guide the work of others.

 

Typical Experience:

Prior experience as a researcher, consultant, faculty, or contract manager with experience proposing for new work and working on projects with delineated budget and scope.

 

Required Education or Training:

Bachelor's degree in related field and five years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Preferred Master's degree and two years research experience at the postgraduate level in a field relevant to the research (e.g. science, math, business), or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Preference for CAPM, PMP, or PgMP certifications.

 

Salary Information:

 

This is a full-time, 12-month, term-funded, exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and https://alaska.edu/jobs/benefits.php. New hires will be placed on the https://www.alaska.edu/hr/talent/files/fy23-salary-schedules/FY23_A4_Staff-Salary-Grid_com-Hrly-bi-ann_w-desc-rpt.pdf, Grade 80, based on education and experience.

 

Special Instructions to Applicants:

 

Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.

 

The review process for applications will be begin on November 1, 2022. To ensure your application is reviewed please submit your application by 11:55pm AK on October 31, 2022.

 

*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.

 

This position is a term-funded position and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University's discretion.

 

The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.

 

UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: http://www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination

 

The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.

 

Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.

 

If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.

 

Applications Close: Open until filled

 

To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3658868

 

Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.

 

https://www.jobelephant.com/

 

jeid-33f7616b37adbb4eb5ce665f02339cb5

Anchorage, AK

17 day(s) ago

Closing Date 2022-12-22